Dolce Vita

For all those times you stood by me For all the truth that you made me see... For all the joy you brought to my life... For all the wrong that you made right... For every dream you made come true... For all the love I found in you.... I'll be forever thankful baby... You're the one who held me up... Never let me fall... You're the one who saw me through through it all... You were my strength when I was weak... You were my voice when I couldn't speak... You were my eyes when I couldn't see... You saw the best there was in me.... Lifted me up when I couldn't reach... You gave me faith 'coz you believed... I'm everything I am... Because you loved me... You gave me wings and made me fly... You touched my hand I could touch the sky... I lost my faith, you gave it back to me... You said no star was out of reach... You stood by me and I stood tall... I had your love I had it all... I'm grateful for each day you gave me... Maybe I don't know that much... But I know this much is true.... I was blessed because I was loved by you... You were my strength when I was weak... You were my voice when I couldn't speak... You were my eyes when I couldn't see... You saw the best there was in me... Lifted me up when I couldn't reach.... You gave me faith 'coz you believed... I'm everything I am... Because you loved me... You were always there for me... The tender wind that carried me... A light in the dark shining your love into my life... You've been my inspiration... Through the lies you were the truth... My world is a better place because of you... You were my strength when I was weak... You were my voice when I couldn't speak... You were my eyes when I couldn't see... You saw the best there was in me... Lifted me up when I couldn't reach... You gave me faith 'coz you believed... I'm everything I am... Because you loved me... I'm everything I am... Because you loved me.....

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Listening Skills

Listening well, speaking clearly and asking the right questions—these skills are vital to your success as a communicator. The good news is that by using a few simple strategies, you can boost your own communication confidence.
Communication: a two-way flow
You send a message when you speak, write, smile, cry, fidget or sit silently. You receive a message when you hear, see or sense what the sender is sending. This may sound pretty straightforward. But the two-way flow of communication can get complicated very quickly, as the examples below illustrate.
*Your friend asks you for a loan. You hint that you don't want to lend the money, but your friend "hears" you say yes
*Someone keeps asking you out for a date. You repeatedly decline, hoping the person will eventually "get the message."
*A daughter angrily says, "Go ahead! See if I care!" to her father. She hopes he does see how much she cares. The way to avoid these ineffective communication patterns is to practice being authentic. This means explaining how you really feel and asking for what you really need.
Being "authentic"When you communicate effectively, you're direct and honest—not aggressive, not "nice"—just authentic. Believing that you have a right to feel what you feel and to ask for what you need will help you to speak authentically. The following ideas can also help you communicate effectively:
*Speak clearly and simply. Try to say what you mean. If you think you may have trouble saying something you need to say, write it out (or record it) and practice it.
*Make sure your voice matches what you want to say. Does it sound like you're joking when you want to be serious? Are you mumbling because you think it's selfish to ask for what you need?
*Be aware of your posture. It's hard to speak clearly and authentically when you're slouched over or slumped in a chair.
*Stay in touch with your body.
This is a good way to stay in touch with your feelings. Is your stomach in knots? Is your heart racing? What do these signals from your body tell you about how you're feeling? Remember to breathe and allow yourself to relax as much as you can.
*Keep your goals in mind. They'll help you stay in touch with what you need.
*Speak for yourself by using the word "I".
Using the word "you" often means you're focusing on the other person rather than yourself. The word "I" puts you in touch with your feelings. Instead of "You have no right to say that to me!" say "I get really hurt and angry when you say that to me!"
Respecting yourself and others
When you communicate authentically, you respect yourself and the other person. You make sure that the other person hears your feelings and needs, but you also listen to that person's feelings and needs too. You show respect when you:
* Choose the appropriate time and place to express your feelings and communicate your needs. For example, asking an instructor in front of the class about a mark you feel is unfair puts him or her on the spot.
* Express yourself as clearly as you can and really listen to other people when they speak
* Take responsibility for your own feelings. You don't have to put the other person down in order to express yourself.
* Ask other people how they feel about what you've shared with them. And respond to their feelings.
Listening well

Our brains work a lot faster than our mouths! People talk at the speed of about 125 words per minute, but our brains turn out ideas at a much faster rate. So our thoughts race ahead while we listen, filling in the space between the speaker's thoughts with thoughts of our own. This explains why many people have trouble listening. It's estimated that people hear only 25 per cent of what's said to them! Here are some ideas to help you become a better listener:
* Face the speaker and make as much eye contact as feels comfortable to you.
* Try not to think of listening as waiting for your turn to speak.
* Be attentive yet relaxed.
* Keep an open mind
* Listen to understand
* Try not to interrupt and impose your solutions
* Try to hear the feeling beneath what the speaker is saying. Listen to the words and try to picture what the speaker is saying.
* Wait for the speaker to pause to ask clarifying questions.
* Ask questions only to ensure understanding of something that has been said (avoiding questions that disrupt the speaker's train of thought).
* Try to feel what the speaker is feeling.
* Give the speaker regular feedback, verbal or non verbal(gestures).
* Pay attention to what isn't said -- to feelings, facial expressions, gestures, posture, and other nonverbal cues.
* Mentally screen out distractions, like background activity and noise. In addition, try not to focus on the speaker's accent or speech mannerisms to the point where they become distractions. Finally, don't be distracted by your own thoughts, feelings, or biases.
* When listening for long stretches, focus on (and remember) key words and issues.
* When dealing with difficult people, spend more time listening than speaking.
* When in doubt about whether to listen or speak, keep listening.
When you communicate authentically, you bring your whole self—your thoughts, feelings and experiences—with you. You show others that you respect yourself and them too. When you're honest and direct, people pay attention.Your voice is heard. Listening is a precious gift -- the gift of time. It helps build relationships, solve problems, ensure understanding, resolve conflicts, and improve accuracy.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good design!
    [url=http://xpxwfaso.com/gugk/dizi.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://llfabllt.com/pysb/eket.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 11:22 AM, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you!
    http://xpxwfaso.com/gugk/dizi.html | http://iksamgxw.com/iofs/oexy.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 

[ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!

Powered by Blogger


Image hosted by Photobucket.com




- Feel at home -
pull a chair, sit a while and enjoy the music...




You are a Pure Angel! Angels, as far as most
of them go, are all compatible creatures, but
Pure ones simply are symbols of God.

You are a Queen!
Beautiful, Wise, Strong
Righteous, Commanding, Humble
You are the beautiful and compassionate Queen. You are the
epitomy of what every woman should be. You are confident, bold,
aggressive, smart, womanly and feminine. You know the right thing
to do and do it. You command respect and earn praise. You are
moral and loving. In times of trouble, you draw strength from
within, and are a source of strength for others


 

 

Google
 
<