Dolce Vita

For all those times you stood by me For all the truth that you made me see... For all the joy you brought to my life... For all the wrong that you made right... For every dream you made come true... For all the love I found in you.... I'll be forever thankful baby... You're the one who held me up... Never let me fall... You're the one who saw me through through it all... You were my strength when I was weak... You were my voice when I couldn't speak... You were my eyes when I couldn't see... You saw the best there was in me.... Lifted me up when I couldn't reach... You gave me faith 'coz you believed... I'm everything I am... Because you loved me... You gave me wings and made me fly... You touched my hand I could touch the sky... I lost my faith, you gave it back to me... You said no star was out of reach... You stood by me and I stood tall... I had your love I had it all... I'm grateful for each day you gave me... Maybe I don't know that much... But I know this much is true.... I was blessed because I was loved by you... You were my strength when I was weak... You were my voice when I couldn't speak... You were my eyes when I couldn't see... You saw the best there was in me... Lifted me up when I couldn't reach.... You gave me faith 'coz you believed... I'm everything I am... Because you loved me... You were always there for me... The tender wind that carried me... A light in the dark shining your love into my life... You've been my inspiration... Through the lies you were the truth... My world is a better place because of you... You were my strength when I was weak... You were my voice when I couldn't speak... You were my eyes when I couldn't see... You saw the best there was in me... Lifted me up when I couldn't reach... You gave me faith 'coz you believed... I'm everything I am... Because you loved me... I'm everything I am... Because you loved me.....

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Insurance Report

"Insurance Report
Possibly the funniest story in a long while,this is a bricklayer's accident report, which was printed in the newsletter of the American Insurance Journal.
This is a true story.
Had this guy died, he'd have received a Darwin Award for sure.
Dear Sir:

"I am writing in response to your request for additional information in Block 3 of the accident report form.I put "poor planning" as the cause of my accident.You asked for a fuller explanation and I trust the following details will be sufficient.

I was alone on the roof of a new six-story building. When I completed my work,I found that I had some bricks left over which,when weighed later,were found to be slightly more than 500 lbs.Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in a barrel by using a pulley,which was attached to the side of the building on the sixth floor.

Securing the rope at ground level,I went up to the roof,swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it.Then I went down and untied the rope,holding it tightly to ensure a slow descent of the bricks.
You will note in Block 11 of the accident report form, that I weigh 135 lbs.

Due to my surprise at being jerked off the ground so suddenly,I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope.Needless to say,I proceeded at a rapid rate up the side of the building.


In the vicinity of the third floor,I met the barrel, which was now proceeding downward at an equally impressive speed.This explains the fractured skull, minor abrasions and the broken collarbone, as listed in section 3 of the accident report form.

Slowed down slightly,I continued my rapid ascent,not stopping until the fingers on my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley.Fortunately by this time I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope, in spite of beginning to experience a great deal of pain.

At approximately the same time,however,the barrel of bricks hit the ground and the bottom fell out of the barrel.

Now devoid of the weight of the bricks,that barrel weighed approximately 50lbs.

I refer you again to my weight. As you can imagine,I began a rapid descent,downthe side of the building.In the vicinity of the third floor,I met the barrel coming up.This accounts for the two fractured ankles,broken tooth and several lacerations of my legs and lower body.


Here my luck began to change slightly.The encounter with the barrel seemed to slow me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell into the pile of bricks and fortunately,only three vertebrae were cracked.


I am sorry to report,however,as I lay there on the pile of bricks,in pain, unable to move, I again lost my composure and presence of mind and let go of the rope and I lay there watching the empty barrel beginning its journey back down onto me. This explains the two broken legs.

I hope this answers your questions. "

I found it on net. Ever since I read it I am laughing and laughing :))

Satellite photo of your house. Click HERE

2 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, March 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    roflmao... :-)....where's my insurance agent..i fell down laughing from my chair reading this..n nearly killed the remaining of my grey cells..lolzzz..nice one pooza..u sure bring the best out of the virtual world in ur blog...the next time u post such a hilarious article post it with a statutory warning...
    "please wear ur seat belts before reading this post :-)"

    keep smiling...n yeah will tell u more abt tibbetian buddhis..next time we talk... :-)

     
  • At 8:43 PM, March 24, 2005, Blogger pooza said…

    Hi saikat,

    The same was my condition after reading it :))
    I am glad you liked it too :)
    Take care

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 

[ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!

Powered by Blogger


Image hosted by Photobucket.com




- Feel at home -
pull a chair, sit a while and enjoy the music...




You are a Pure Angel! Angels, as far as most
of them go, are all compatible creatures, but
Pure ones simply are symbols of God.

You are a Queen!
Beautiful, Wise, Strong
Righteous, Commanding, Humble
You are the beautiful and compassionate Queen. You are the
epitomy of what every woman should be. You are confident, bold,
aggressive, smart, womanly and feminine. You know the right thing
to do and do it. You command respect and earn praise. You are
moral and loving. In times of trouble, you draw strength from
within, and are a source of strength for others


 

 

Google
 
<