Dolce Vita

For all those times you stood by me For all the truth that you made me see... For all the joy you brought to my life... For all the wrong that you made right... For every dream you made come true... For all the love I found in you.... I'll be forever thankful baby... You're the one who held me up... Never let me fall... You're the one who saw me through through it all... You were my strength when I was weak... You were my voice when I couldn't speak... You were my eyes when I couldn't see... You saw the best there was in me.... Lifted me up when I couldn't reach... You gave me faith 'coz you believed... I'm everything I am... Because you loved me... You gave me wings and made me fly... You touched my hand I could touch the sky... I lost my faith, you gave it back to me... You said no star was out of reach... You stood by me and I stood tall... I had your love I had it all... I'm grateful for each day you gave me... Maybe I don't know that much... But I know this much is true.... I was blessed because I was loved by you... You were my strength when I was weak... You were my voice when I couldn't speak... You were my eyes when I couldn't see... You saw the best there was in me... Lifted me up when I couldn't reach.... You gave me faith 'coz you believed... I'm everything I am... Because you loved me... You were always there for me... The tender wind that carried me... A light in the dark shining your love into my life... You've been my inspiration... Through the lies you were the truth... My world is a better place because of you... You were my strength when I was weak... You were my voice when I couldn't speak... You were my eyes when I couldn't see... You saw the best there was in me... Lifted me up when I couldn't reach... You gave me faith 'coz you believed... I'm everything I am... Because you loved me... I'm everything I am... Because you loved me.....

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Sunscreen Speech Song

bazluhrmannbuy


Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of '99: Wear sunscreen.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh never mind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.

You’re not as fat as you imagine.

Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing everyday that scares you.

Sing.

Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts; don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead; sometimes you’re behind; the race is long, and in the end it’s only with yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive; forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters; throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what to do with your life; the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives; some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don’t.

Get plenty of calcium.
Be kind to your knees; you’ll miss them when they’re gone.


Maybe you’ll marry -- maybe you won’t. Maybe you’ll have children -- maybe you won’t. Maybe you’ll divorce at 40 -- maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. Whatever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either -- your choices are half chance; so are everybody else’s.

Enjoy your body; use it every way you can. Don’t be afraid of it, or what other people think of it. It’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own.

Dance -- even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you don’t follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines; they will only make you feel ugly.
*****************************************************************
Get to know your parents; you’ll never know when they’ll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.


Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography, in lifestyle, because the older you get the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard;

live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths: price will rise; politicians will philander; you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble, and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don’t expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund; maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Don’t mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.

Be careful who advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia: dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen.

Listen to it ------> HERE

avatar475_0

4 Comments:

  • At 2:11 AM, March 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First time here..i like the background green.. never seen this color on any blog
    Prateek
    http://euronymous.rediffblogs.com

     
  • At 7:04 PM, March 31, 2005, Blogger pooza said…

    Hi prateek,

    am glad you liked it :)
    take care

     
  • At 4:44 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done!
    [url=http://rqognzrl.com/fskh/ufye.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://huixgmrm.com/ufbl/wnbv.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 4:45 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good design!
    http://rqognzrl.com/fskh/ufye.html | http://zhueodaz.com/ohjx/bxev.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 

[ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!

Powered by Blogger


Image hosted by Photobucket.com




- Feel at home -
pull a chair, sit a while and enjoy the music...




You are a Pure Angel! Angels, as far as most
of them go, are all compatible creatures, but
Pure ones simply are symbols of God.

You are a Queen!
Beautiful, Wise, Strong
Righteous, Commanding, Humble
You are the beautiful and compassionate Queen. You are the
epitomy of what every woman should be. You are confident, bold,
aggressive, smart, womanly and feminine. You know the right thing
to do and do it. You command respect and earn praise. You are
moral and loving. In times of trouble, you draw strength from
within, and are a source of strength for others


 

 

Google
 
<